Monday, April 5, 2010

10 Questions: Jeff Shevalier

Jeff Shevalier played in 32 NHL hockey games with the Los Angeles Kings and our own "Hockey Bay" Lightning. His career spanned nine years and he played in the American Hockey League, International Hockey League and the West Coast Hockey League. He even played a few games in the Suisse League.

These days, he's an agent with the Jackson Commercial Real Estate Group in Arizona.

Moody, Hound Central 5.0's senior correspondent, had the honor watching Shevalier play during his time with the Detroit Vipers in 1999-2000.

In 10 Questions, Hound Central 5.0 asks NHL players -- past and present -- a few questions about their views on autographs. Former NHLer Ian Moran was the first to respond, giving us a few minutes of his time. Same with the likes of Brian Propp, Kevin Miller and David Harlock. We truly appreciate the opportunity provided by Shevalier.

Hound Central 5.0: Did you collect cards/autographs as a kid? If so, who's your favorite autograph?
Jeff Shevalier: Yes, and I still do, my son and I are big collectors. My favorite autograph has to be Syl Apps (Maple Leafs)

Hound Central 5.0: Is signing autographs fun or a chore?
Jeff Shevalier: I enjoy it.

Hound Central 5.0: What's the weirdest thing you've ever signed?
Jeff Shevalier: A hand

Hound Central 5.0: Best/worst cities for autograph hound/dealers?
Jeff Shevalier: It’s not about the city, it’s about the individuals asking for autographs

Hound Central 5.0: Can you tell the difference between autograph dealers and collectors?
Jeff Shevalier: Yes, dealers are always around and they know the right places to be to get the autographs.

Hound Central 5.0: Does it really matter to you if someone is selling your autographs?
Jeff Shevalier: Who wants to pay for my autograph???? Do a 5 second search on the internet and you can find me. Autographs on cards and photos are free.

Hound Central 5.0: Would/do you sign blank pieces of photo paper?
Jeff Shevalier: I’m not into signing photo paper, if I’m giving an effort to sign something, someone should give an effort and get something that relates to me.

Hound Central 5.0: Any items you won't sign?
Jeff Shevalier: A personal guarantee…….

Hound Central 5.0: Most famous person to ask for your autograph? Most famous person you've asked for an autograph?
Jeff Shevalier: John Candy ask me to sign a jersey for him while I was in LA and I’ve asked Wayne Gretzky for his autograph.

Hound Central 5.0: Black or blue Sharpies?
Jeff Shevalier: ? I would sign with either.

Hound Central 5.0 and its correspondents thank Shevalier for his time in answering these questions. We appreciate his efforts, on and off the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment