Monday, November 2, 2009

Old reliables

These days, my hockey-hounding efforts are more focused on quality than quantity, trying to add jewels, so to speak, to the collection. That doesn't mean, though, that I'll limit my opportunities whenever they present themselves.

Take last Thursday, for instance, when the Ottawa Senators traveled to Hockey Bay to play the Bolts. After an order for pucks didn't arrive in time, limiting my efforts to those I had in stock, I knew that cards, more than pucks, could rule the day. As you can see, I wasn't that far off-base in my assessment.

Among those signing the 37 cards that morning:

Top row: Daniel Alfredsson, Brian Elliott, Mike Fisher and Milan Michalek; and
Bottom row: Chris Neil, Chris Phillips, Peter Regin and Jarkko Ruutu.

The other highlights, including four sweet pucks, from a hot and humid half-day of hockey hounding:

~ Snagging Alex Kovalev on a pair of top-shelf pucks;
~ Having Daniel Alfredsson sign a Sweden puck;
~ Getting Jason Spezza to sign a puck from one of his junior teams;
~ Nick Foligno, Filip Kuba, Alexandre Picard and Ryan Shannon each signing four cards;
~ Putting specialty sets to good use, including a card for Jonathan Cheechoo; and
~ Adding the second cheap skate card of the season from Matt Carkner.

No comments:

Post a Comment