Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Determination pays off

For whatever reason, I had the hardest time getting New Jersey's Andy Greene to stop and sign these cards. Sometimes, it was simply because I was busy getting another Devils player to sign pucks or cards. There were times, too, when he didn't make the trip.

My waiting came to end, though, last Friday. Hours after he ignored a request as he boarded a bus to the Devils' practice at the Ice Sports Forum in Brandon, I caught up with him after practice.

It's not so much that I'm a big fan, but these cards chip away at a couple of specialty sets. And, if there's one thing I've learned over the years, opportunities to add cards like these can be fleeting. All it takes is being at the right place at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment