Sunday, March 7, 2010

Epitome of laziness

At first, I thought this pair of Upper Deck Hockey cards for Boston's Milan Lucic used the same photo. Only upon closer review, though, did I notice the subtle differences between the two images. To me, the card on the left, from 2009-10's Series 2 set, is an earlier photo than the one used in the 2009-09 Series 1.

Having dabbled in photography since the mid-1970s, it's safe for me to say that these images were taken within a split-second of one another.

Given all of the photos available for Lucic, don't you think Upper Deck could've shown a bit more gumption in this season's card for Lucic? I do. Then again, we've all become used to being disappointed by Upper Deck, haven't we?

1 comment:

  1. While I like the gritty 'action' shot, I completely agree. There had to have been some other shot that Upper Deck could have used.

    Much like the disappointment of seeing a delay in updating player cards after a trade (pictured in their old jersey), it's a little disheartening to know that UD is using year-old-plus photos on their recent releases.

    Sad.

    ReplyDelete