Monday, March 15, 2010

Way to go, buddy boy

In the grand scheme of things, a goal scored in a recreational hockey league game is, at best, a blip on the radar of life. On the personal level, though, scoring a goal is huge, especially when it's the first with your latest team.

We found that out yesterday when Colin scored his first goal for the Pinellas Police Athletic League Stars, a nifty wrap-around backhander that he stuffed past the goalie. From where I sat, it was a real beauty, circling around the back of the net, cutting in close and driving it home.

And, yes, Colin, as well as his teammates, quite enjoyed his "Wall-E" celebration. The Missus and I just looked at each other and smiled. High-fives and fist bumps soon followed.

My only complaint is self-directed -- I wasn't videotaping, so we don't have it captured on tape. Had I been, it would have happened right in front of my normal perch. Oh, well, there will be others -- hopefully.

More than anything else, it was Colin's first reward for all of his hard work in practices, clinics and skating sessions.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Colin!

    A great puck for the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colin,

    it was just a matter of time... congrads from your biggest fan Uncle John, im so very proud of you your on your way to scoring more...

    I love you,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. First goal pucks are always an important souvenir. Even for me where my first came at the age of 24 in the local men's league.

    Go Colin!

    ReplyDelete