Monday, December 28, 2009

Why it's called Hot-Lanta

I couldn't resist putting in my two cents in on the recent visit by the Atlanta Thrashers. Some of you know that I was a resident of the Greater Atlanta area (even if only for six months) and put out several reports on their signing habits.

Normally, I wouldn't post the same outings as the Puckhound, but I just did so darn well that I wanted to brag a bit.

In one of my reports, I let you all know how good the Thrashers were about handing out sticks after the practices in Duluth.

The littlest hound (3-year-old Natalie) couldn't wait to get her Eric Boulton stick signed by her favorite Thrasher. She made the two-hour journey with that one goal in mind.

As you can see, it paid off. Eric signed the stick and said hello to his little buddy from Duluth.

When Pavel Kubina came out, Miss Mikayla's eyes lit up. Prior to her current crush on the Tampa Bay Lightning's James Wright, the little one was eyeing Mr. Kubina. Pavel signed three photos for her. I added this Cleveland Lumberjacks jersey nameplate that I have been hanging on to for several years. He asked what team it was from. When I told him, he said "that has to be a one of a kind; I wasn't there but for two weeks."

All in all, the Moodys managed 44 sigs from the Thrashers, including 21 photos, two sticks, the nameplate and a few cards.

Among the photos:

Captain Ilya Kovalchuk;

Goalie Johan Hedberg;

Fellow goalie Ondrej Pavalec, from his days with the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League; and

forward Bryan Little, from his days with the Barrie Colts of the Ontario Hockey League.

No comments:

Post a Comment