Friday, December 18, 2009

Appreciate the support

Okay, now I see how it is. Most of you, according to the latest Hound Central 5.0 poll, want Hound Central 5.0 to push past 2,000 pucks -- a feat that could happen before month's end -- but you don't want to help me do it. What a bunch of greedy you-know-whats. ;-)

Sorry, folks, but you should know by now that it's just a joke. Not only can we handle the purchasing of pucks (thanks to a narrowing of need brought about by five years of puck-centric efforts), we wouldn't accept any "donations" anyways.

Besides, your continued willingness to stop by Hound Central 5.0 is "payment" alone. And, for that, Hound Central 5.0 is most appreciative.

At this point, we're just 23 pucks away from reaching 2,000. And with four teams coming to Hockey Bay between now and Dec. 30, I'm hoping to reach the latest goal by then.

I can say with certainty that it won't happen with either the Philadelphia Flyers (Dec. 23) or Atlanta Thrashers (Dec. 26), though decent success should considerably narrow the gap. My best guess? We'll reach 2,000 pucks when either the Boston Bruins (Dec. 28) or Montreal Canadiens (Dec. 30) hit Hockey Bay.

All I can say is stay tuned and, as always, thanks for stopping by.

Question: Stop at 2,000 pucks?

No: 42 votes out of 46 cast (91.3 percent)
Yes: 4 votes (8.7 percent)

3 comments:

  1. Well I'm kinda flad your not looking for donations as I have not hit the powerball yet but hopefully soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. A certain #37 to be #2000 maybe? Would be a cool way to reach the milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Commonkid: Just keep me in mind when you do, okay?

    Scott: Yeah, that would be cool. Maybe I'll send te Missus and Colin out for Andreychuk and Bradley on Monday night, That could be another pair.

    ReplyDelete