Friday, January 22, 2010

Make the effort, please

For the most part, I'm happy any time an NHL player honors my request for an autograph. But when one, like Toronto's Francois Beauchemin, offers up a signature like this, it's nothing more than a waste of time.

If this scribble -- and I'm not even sure that fulfills Webster's definition -- is the best Beauchemin can provide, I'd rather have him deny my request.

Really, now, how long does it take to sign an autograph? Five seconds? In Beauchemin's case, it might take seven seconds. I mean, I can't even begin to see how these squiggly lines even remotely resemble "Francois Beauchemin." Can you?

I may not expect letter-perfect signatures, but it's a bit disappointing when you get a "signature" as weak as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment