Monday, January 18, 2010

Anyone else?

It's been some time since I've extolled the virtues of using homemade cards to add to your autograph collection, mainly because I've either had plenty of items for visiting players or little time to make any. Either way, though, as these cheap skates samples show, they are pretty useful.

I like to take a simplistic approach, reusing a template from seasons past. In less than 10 minutes, I'm able to update logos, photos and colors. Could I add more detail, even creating my own cards? Certainly. But if something isn't broke, why would you fix it? Until then, I'll be happy to use these.

What am I interested in, though, are examples of other's handiwork making cards. Drop me a line if you'd like to share your creations.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! Now you're speakin' my language.

    Custom card making is something that I not only enjoy doing, but I also love seeing other people create some very unique and impressive works of art.

    You'll be getting an e-mail from me soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't tease me like that. ;-)

    I've seen your work, as well as others through links at your blog, so I can say with confidence that you're an expert as these custom cards.

    ReplyDelete