Thursday, November 19, 2009

Two schools of thought

Really, when it comes to getting autographs, is there ever a bad time? Only one, if you ask the Hound Central 5.0 readers who took part in the most recent poll, which asked when was the best time to hound. The other four primary opportunities seem to work just fine.

When it comes to the absolute best time, though, HC5.0 readers are divided -- equal amounts say after the game and the day before the game offer the best opportunities. I guess it depends on your schedule.

Back when I was hounding American Hockey League teams in New England, especially during the 2005-05 NHL lockout, I scored most of my autographs after games. These days, though, my work schedule means I have to hound earlier, rather than later, in the day.

As a result, I find the day before, provided a team arrives that early, and the hour to 90 minutes before a visiting team's morning skate work best.

Again, it all comes down to the time that works best for you.

Question: Best time to hound?

After the game: 11 votes out of 40 cast (27.5 percent)
Day before the game: 11 votes (27.5 percent)
Before the morning skate: 8 votes (20 percent)
Before the game time bus: 7 votes (17.5 percent)
After the morning skate: 3 votes (7.5 percent)

No comments:

Post a Comment