Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's our day

To all of my fellow hockey dads, as well as those who've yet to join the club, remember to take the time to bask in the glow of Father's Day today. We've earned it. Though we all enjoy being a daddy more than a father, it's the best job we'll ever have.

For the record, I got two nice cards, including this one from Colin, a ton of hugs, a Florida saltwater and freswater fishing license, a fishing T-shirt that's a tad too tight (it'll likely be exchanged for an insulated tumbler and socks) and a dinner of grilled marinated steak, a twice-baked potato and tomato salad.

Later on, though, I'll have to go to work and help put out Monday's paper, including the weather map. Not only will I be at the office until 1:30 a.m. Monday, praying nothing newsworthy occurs past midnight, but I also have to get Colin to the rink seven hours later for his first day of summer hockey camp.

A dad has to do what a dad has to do. It's my job and I love doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment