Friday, September 17, 2010

Looking ahead

I can say, with the utmost degree of certainty, that there won't be a Hound Central 6.0 for the 2010-11 hockey -hounding season. Instead, we're trotting out a new concept, called Hockey Hounds Universe, that will serve as a repository of hockey-hounding information, insider knowledge and an opportunity for other hounds to show off their efforts.

Once the season gets rolling, you'll find occasional posts from some familiar Hound Central 5.0 names -- Moody, our senior correspondent; Al, our man in Toronto; Mike, our Ontario Hockey League expert; and yours truly, Puckhound. Colin, my hound-in-training, will even become a contributor.

We'll also be making a bigger splash in social media. We already have a Facebook page up and running. So, please, friend us. Through Twitter, we hope to file live tweets from hounding sessions. That dusty, old YouTube account might get a workout, too.

In the days ahead, I'll be reaching out to hockey hounds who contributed to last year's "Your Turn" project, gauging their interest in providing 100- to 150-words posts, as well as a couple pictures of signed items, on a monthly basis.

If you're interested in becoming one of our correspondents, and we are actively seeking those in most pro hockey cities, feel free to drop me an e-mail. Be prepared, though. I'll want a writing sample. Understand, too, I'm a big fan of deadlines and won't have time to track down people for posts. If you're serious, I'm definitely listening.

As for HC5.0, it will live on. I'll still file occasional posts, though I'll be making far fewer hounding adventures this season and focusing only on specific projects. One of those may include a book that culls the best from the past five hockey-hounding campaigns.

As always, I appreciate the time that people spend here. That's why I can't walk away. Thanks, folks.

4 comments:

  1. Already got HHU bookmarked and am looking forward to the season's adventures.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again - I think a book would be a wonderful idea. While I can only imagine the time and commitment needed to make it happen - I know without a doubt the style and approach will be one that would be enjoyed by many.

    May it one day come to fruition.

    Cheers!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting together a book proposal is the first step. An old friend of mine has also told me about other book projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just posted day one of the Pink Pucks signed today at Avs Training camp. Learned black sharpie doesn't work so well, but blue works rather nicely. And the nicest looking of the bunch thankfully is Mr. Matt Duchene's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on getting those pucks. There will be apost about it Sunday (Sept. 19) morning at Hockey Hound Universe.

    Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete