Thursday, October 28, 2010

Don't forget them

I'll admit that I haven't paid much attention to scoring autographs from team-related personnel, as in assistant coaches or broadcasters, over the past few hockey-hounding campaigns.

Going forward, though, I'll be placing a greater emphasis on these former NHL players as a way to turn decent days into good days. In this case, it was color commentator Butch Goring, who won four Stanley Cups in four years with the New York Islanders, who caught my attention.

Thanks, too, to Brett, a fellow Hockey Bay hound, for getting the old-school Los Angeles Kings puck signed for me. I was too pooped to chase Goring three blocks to get it signed. As a token of my appreciation, I gave Brett an unsigned puck to use for Goring when the Islanders return in March 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment