Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Looking for bargains

Over the years, one of the most common questions I get from readers is where do I buy my pucks and how much do they cost. My answer? It's always the same. I buy them wherever I can.

Most are bought online, through a sports memorabilia distributor. Others, however, are bought at arenas, card stores, flea markets and the ilk. Though I often pay no more than $2.75 a puck, I've spent as much as $5 a puck.

It all depends on the situation. If I see a puck I can't find elsewhere, or if I'm caught empty-handed, then I'll begrudgingly pay a higher price. But if I can save a few bucks, well, then, I'd be an idiot if I didn't.

Overall, 65 percent of Hound Central 5.0 readers pay less than $5 for each of their pucks. To me, that's a decent deal. One reader, though, gets pucks for free. Knowing Moody, Hound Central 5.0's thrifty senior correspondent, I think he's the one.

Question: How much do you pay for each of your pucks?

$3 to $4.99: 8 votes out of 20 cast (40 percent)
More than $5: 6 votes (30 percent)
0.01 to $2.99: 5 votes (25 percent)
Free: 1 vote (5 percent)

On a side note, if you buy any pucks from the distributor, please tell them that Hound Central 5.0 sent you. Thanks.

3 comments: