Friday, December 3, 2010

A birthday present

When Colin asked me last week what I wanted for my birthday, I told him that a new Porsche sports car would be nice.

It would fit in nicely with all of the other hoity-toity "look at me, I'm so pretty" cars (which, oddly, never have working turn signals) that we see on a fairly regular basis down here in image-conscious Hockey Bay.

Even better, it would give us a cool ride to Westfield Countryside mall for our Wednesday afternoon skating sessions.

Well, Colin took my request to heart. Tucked among the bag of birthday goodies, packed to the gills with basic Dad gifts (socks, underwear, handkerchiefs and a gray T-shirt -- everything else I asked for) was this Hot Wheels car.

And, yes, it's a Porsche. A Porsche 911 GT2, to be exact.

Of course, Colin wanted me to open the blister pack, probably so he could play with the car. Instead, I'll hold on to it. It's not too often a son buys his father a Porsche.

2 comments: