Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Let's hope not

Hey, Tampa Bay sports fans, I have a question. Given his slow start, is it an apt comparison to say that Alex Tanguay is to the Tampa Bay Lightning what Pat Burrell was to the Tampa Bay Rays?

I'm thinking that if Steve Downie gets dropped to the fourth line for not producing, Lightning coach Rick Tocchet risks losing credibility with his role players if he keeps Tangauy on the Bolts' so-called top line.

Now, if you want to read something positive about the Lightning, check out Joe Smith's feature on James Wright at tampabay.com. I'm pulling for the kid, too.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really rooting for Alex. I know he had a couple tough years in Calgary and Montreal, but he was a force in Colorado.

    Hopefully those days haven't completely passed him by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so, too. The Bolts' success depends a lot on V4 and Tangauy getting hot and filling the net. Marty, Stammer and Bugsy can't carry this team by themselves.

    ReplyDelete