Friday, July 9, 2010

The Yzerman Project

When it comes to Hall of Famers like Steve Yzerman, I have little time for any other hockey-hounding platform, so to speak, than pucks. I don't want him to sign any cards, posters or 8x10s. Nope, all I want are pucks and, once I'm done with them, the Team Canada jersey.

With this dozen of pucks, I'll have my work cut out for me this season. It's hard enough to get 12 autographs out of most players, let alone a hockey hero like Yzerman. And, no, I don't expect him to sign all 12 at one time.

Still, though, I'm up for the challenge, making The Yzerman Project the centerpiece of my 2010-11 hockey-hounding efforts. I hope to make a sizable dent, with Colin's help, by knocking out the top row during the Lightning's upcoming rookie camp. After that, I'll be happy with two at a time during the course of the season.

The lineup:

Top row: Tampa Bay Lightning official game puck, 2010 Winter Olympics hockey champions, Detroit Red Wings and Team Canada;

Middle row: Tampa Bay Lightning, Detroit Red Wings big logo, Red Wings 2002 Stanley Cup champion and Red Wings 2002 Presidents' Trophy; and

Bottom row: Red Wings 1998 Stanley Cup champions, Red Wings 1997 Stanley Cup champions, Red Wings 2008 Stanley Cup champions and Canada souvenir.

6 comments:

  1. That should be a fun project to tackle. Good luck with that.

    Would love to see a pic of how you display all your signed pucks.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, right now, that picture would show about 125 sitting on top of the two display cases we use to show the picks of the litter.

    One of these days, hopefully before the 2010-11 season begins, I'll find the time to these pucks into cases.

    For the most part, though, the pucks are in boxes tucked away in a walk-in closet. We don't have enough room to display all.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a nice signer, won't sign jersey numbers though, I wonder about the numbers on ebay then? Legit? anyway good luck with the pucks, it'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea.....GREAT IDEA!

    Very excited to see the progress of this project.

    Love the array of pucks you have got.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Between this project, Threads and team sheets, we'll stay busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice selection of pucks that you have. Should be a fun project.
    Are you going to blog during the 2010-1011 season?

    ReplyDelete