Friday, April 8, 2011

Team report: Pittsburgh Penguins II

All things considered, we should have stayed home last Thursday and not embarked on a hounding adventure for the Pittsburgh Penguins. It rained most of the day. The moisture affected my silver Sharpies. And I wasn't patient enough to wait another 15 minutes for Sidney Crosby.

But with circus known as the Penguins in town and Colin off on his spring break, I ignored that nagging, little voice in my head and made the trip. What's the worse that could happen, right?

Well, we had the nastiest storms of the year, with tornadoes reported throughout the Hockey Bay area. And, then, while truly enjoying our time at the Glazer Children's Museum, Moody called to tell me that Crosby, returning from his first morning skate in months, signed not one, but two items before dealers bumrushed him.

Am I complaining? Just a little bit, I suppose. The weather could have been nicer. And Colin could've gotten his 2010 Canada Olympic hockey gold medalist McFarlane base signed by Crosby. Then again, I did get to spend the day with my son, doing something we love.

The hounding, really, wasn't all that bad, as we added 19 autographs, including 15 cards. Later that night, we watched the Tampa Bay Lightning clinch its first playoff appearance in four seasons.

All in all, it was a pretty good day.

Signing pucks, shown above from left, were Tyler Kennedy and James Neal.

Signing cards were, from left, Pascal Dupuis, Eric Godard, Brent Johnson and Mike Rupp.

Other highlights from a rain day:

~ Commemorating Maxime Talbot's Stanley Cup-winning goal;

~ having Tyler Kennedy pull double duty for us; and

~ putting specialty set cards to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment