Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Hockey Life: Week 16

I don't think twice anytime I have the chance to add the owner of an NHL team to our autographed puck collection. Though their names never end up on the score sheet, they're much more important than any star player.

That's particularly the case down here in Hockey Bay. After the circus that was the Tampa Bay Lightning over the past few seasons, Jeff Vinik has brought stability to the franchise.

Hiring Steve Yzerman as the Bolts' general manager saw to that. The Guy Boucher hire has turned out pretty good, too.

So, when I saw Vinik pull into the St. Pete Times Forum not too long ago, I knew exactly what I'd do with the spare Lightning puck that had been kicking around the hounding bag.

Now, about those new uniforms. Well, I'm not sure about them. To me, they look like they were borrowed from the comic book character, The Flash. I'm wondering, too, if the team won't be soon known as the Sha-Zams!

Tip of the helmet

Just a quick note to thank you for stopping by Hound Central 5.0 and its family of hockey autograph blogs. Last month, HC5.0 posted its best-ever monthly numbers for visitors (1,885) and page views (4,341) since it went live in August 2009.

Not only that, but Moody's TTM Blog and Hockey Hounds Universe, the latest addition to the Hound Central family, had their highest numbers ever.

With all the blogs and sites available on the Web, we truly appreciate your time.

And to Moody and Al, Hound Central 5.0's two senior correspondents, as well as the others who've contributed over the past two seasons, a sincere thanks for all of your efforts.

Quote of the week

"I don't think a kid asking me to personalize a photo to him will end up putting it on eBay, that's why."
Freddy Meyer, an Atlanta Thrashers defenseman, to a pouty dealer wondering why Meyer signed two autographs for Colin and only one for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment