Saturday, February 5, 2011

Team report: Philadelphia Flyers

Due to a unwelcome change to my work schedule that affects my personal life in many ways, I'm finding that my hockey-hounding adventures over the past month have become a bit more abbreviated.

No longer am I able to hang out until after the visiting team's return from morning skate. Nope, my time is limited, for the most part, to only before the morning skate. While I'm thankful for my job, as it's what pays the bills, I miss the sliver of "downtime" spent adding to our collection.

All told, I fell just one autograph short from having what I view as a good day, snagging 19 autographs, including eight pucks, in about an hour.

Signing these pucks were, from left, Sergei Bobrovsky, Bill Clement (remember him?) and James van Riemsdyk.

Signing cards, shown at the top of this post, were:

Top row: Brian Boucher, Daniel Carcillo and Matt Carle; and
Bottom row: Braydon Coburn, Scott Hartnell and Paul Holmgren

Other highlights from the quick trip:

~ Getting a trio of Canada-related pucks from some pretty big names: Jeff Carter, Chris Pronger and Mike Richards; and
~ adding the 2,222nd puck of the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment