Friday, January 28, 2011

Drawing them in

By Colin
Hound Central 5.0 junior correspondent

I had wanted to do the Columbus Blue Jackets' third logo of a cannon for my team sheet, but I kept messing up. I guess it was out of my drawing capabilities, so I went and looked for more logos and saw the bug head one.

For some unknown reason, I started out with the eyes, basically because they had most of the inside navy blue lines attached to it. I think it actually turned out pretty good. The only thing I left out was the gray stripe because I wanted to keep it close to the same colors.

The players liked it, as I got three compliments, including one from R.J. Umberger when he signed it for me. All together, it worked out great as I got 21 autographs, including Rick Nash, Derik Brassard, Kristian Huselius, Fedor Tyutin and Jakub Voracek.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Colin,

    Yes! The team sheet returns!

    Good on you for being persistent! The logo looks great.

    Do you have any favorite signatures on the sheet (nicest signature or favorite memory of it getting signed)?

    Keep it up.....I enjoyed the post very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I have a favorite one, there's too many. The best part is seeing how many compliments I can get. I remember Umberger asking if I drew the logo. "Pretty good," he told me.

    Colin

    ReplyDelete