Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thanks, guys

Ask any hound, and they'll tell you the same thing. The New York Rangers' Martin Biron is one of the most pleasant players they've ever met in the NHL.

It's beyond the fact that he'll sign more than a single item. Biron, who came up in the Buffalo Sabres organization, is personable, too, taking the time to chat. He's the kind of player who makes this hobby enjoyable. No attitude, just autographs -- the way it should be.

That hasn't helped me, though, get this jersey swatch signed over the past few years as he played his way across the Eastern Seaboard. It always seemed like I had something else or, to be honest, would let him pass so I could get an autograph from another player.

That all I changed New Year's Day. As you can see, the card finally got signed, becoming the latest addition to the Threads collection. I didn't get it, though. Nope, I have someone else to thank for that.

Over the holidays, we took a couple of Colin's hockey teammates -- twin brothers -- out hounding, showing them the ropes. The Rangers were the last of three teams they hounded with us over the break.

Before morning skate, Biron signed a pair of pucks, as we made the push to 2,200 for the collection. As a result, as well as I had to go into work early that day, it looked like the card would have to wait again. That's when one of the twins, who'd be sticking around with their dad until the team came back, offered to get some cards signed for us.

They did a good job, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment