Thursday, March 3, 2011

Team report: Detroit Red Wings

I really need to learn to keep my mouth shut when it comes to complaining. In a recent e-mail exchange with a fellow hound, I complained that we got "only" 35 autographs from two days of hounding the Detroit Red Wings.

His response, and understandably so, was incredulous: "Oh, you poor thing," or something to that effect. "Complaining that you only got 33 autographs."

You know, I had it coming. Even despite the Red Wings' reputation for being a tough team to hound, there's a certain sense of entitlement whenever a Western Conference team visits Hockey Bay. Most teams come off as willing signers, meaning we routinely come home with more than 60 to 70 autographs.

Given the star power of the lineup, I should've been ecstatic that we scored that many from the Red Wings, including some from the team's bigger names.

So, the lesson has been learned. I'll take what I can get and keep my pie hole shut.

Signing cards, shown above, were:

Top row: Patrick Eaves, Valtteri Filppula and Jimmy Howard;
Bottom row: Jiri Hudler, Jakub Kindl and Drew Miller.

Signing pucks were, from left, Kris Draper, Nicklas Lidstrom and Brian Rafalski.

Other highlights from two days of hounding:

~ Adding the fifth puck to The Yzerman Project;
~ Colin catching up with Joey MacDonald;
~ Having Pavel Datsyuk, Johan Franzen and Tomas Holmstrom deepen the international flavor of our autographed pucks collection; and
~ being thankful for Jimmy Howard.

2 comments:

  1. O O

    \___/

    30 or 70 auto's.....You and Colin are "Hounding Gods!"

    Mr. Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Al: Please, never hesitate to keep me grounded. It was exactly what I needed to hear at exactly the right time. We do appreciate your support and kind words, too.

    Let's just say, though, we redeemed ourselves with Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete