Monday, March 21, 2011

Too bad this happened

Something tells me that I should be happy that I'm halfway home with this 2008-09 NHL MVP 2 on 2 quad jersey card, now that Jason Arnott, in town with the Washington Capitals recently, signed it. But I'm not. And it has something to do with Arnott signing on the swatch.

To me, there's plenty of room to the right of his face to offer up a similarly sized signature. To me, it looks sloppy where he signed it, starting within the fabric. Funny thing, too, is that Arnott enjoys a solid reputation as a signer. I'd hate to think that he did it on purpose.

It's also a bit troubling because I consider these quad thread cards as centerpieces of the Threads collection. As a result, I'd like for them to really pop.

What I've learned from this is to ask the player to sign a specific area. If he does, that's great. The card only looks that much better with each signature. If he doesn't, well, then I know it's a conscious effort on his part to be a jerk about it.

Nashville's David Legwand kicked off the card earlier this season. Now, all we need are the Predators' Shea Weber and Steve Sullivan to complete the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment