Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Team report: Washington Capitals II

Every time the Washington Capitals visit Hockey Bay, I don't expect to get an autograph from Alex Ovechkin. There was a time when I'd carry a puck or two, but that was always nothing more than wishful thinking. I soon lowered my expectations, switching to cards so I could put those pucks to far better uses. Those, too, came up empty.

These days, I carry a single card of Ovechkin, part of a Russian set. It's no surprise, I suppose, that it didn't get signed during the Caps' visit earlier this month. This time, though, I can't say Ovechkin said no. The Great One did sign during the trip, after Washington's morning skate.

The only problem, however, was I was at work. Because I like the life we have, and need the cash to afford it, I won't complain. Besides, I did walk away with a baker's dozen, including 10 cards, from Ovie's teammates that morning.

Signing cards, shown above, were:

Top row: Jason Arnott, Jason Chimera and Eric Fehr; and
Bottom row: Mike Knuble, Tom Poti and Dennis Wideman.

Signing pucks were, from left, John Carlson and Braden Holtby.

Though I can't call it a highlight, Arnott also added to a quad jersey card project.

No comments:

Post a Comment